Tips for Removing Fake Tan
When it comes to maintaining a flawless faux tan, learning how to lift unwanted colour from your skin can be just as important as perfecting your application technique. Because your skin is constantly exposed to moisture, beauty products and weather conditions, even the best tanning solutions can fade unevenly. With a fake tan remover on hand, you can be in complete control over your skin colour at all times. From smoothing out faded patches to correcting bad spray tans, a good tan remover can be a quick solution to any tanning problem.
Fake Tan Remover Ideas
- Invest in a high-quality exfoliating mitt. Because mitts stay on your hands, they are a lot easier to use than exfoliating sponges and brushes. For a complete system, try the premium mitt two-pack from Mine Tan. The Mine Bronze Away exfoliating mitt is made out of all-natural fibres that polish the skin without causing irritation. Pair it with the matching Mine Bronze On applicator mitt to maintain a flawless tan all year long.
- Use baby or body oil as a tan remover. Fake tans work by interacting with the dead skin cells in the top layers of your skin, so the best way to remove colour quickly is to shave off the dead skin cells that contain it. Body oils soften the skin and make it easier to remove dead skin cells with little effort and hardly any scrubbing needed.
- Lighten with lemon juice. Because of its acidic nature, lemon juice makes a great fake tan remover. You can use it to correct mistakes by applying lemon wedges to problem areas and scrubbing them clean. To turn lemon juice into an all-over cleanser, mix it with raw sugar. Sugar is grainy, so it works the same way as store-bought body scrubs. Another lemon combination that works well for removing a bad or fading tan is lemon and bicarbonate of soda. Mix half a cup of each into a paste, and then let it soak into your skin for a few minutes before wiping it off with a gentle cloth or cleansing pad.
- Try a premium tan remover. Using a natural tan remover with ingredients that you can grab from your kitchen or bathroom cabinet is affordable, but mixing things together can be a little inconvenient when you are in a rush. For a quick fix on the go, use a high-quality removal formula from a brand that specialises in sunless tanning products.
- Moisturise when you are done. Using any type of fake tan remover can dry out your skin. To promote cell renewal and keep your skin looking young and healthy, apply a hydrating body lotion immediately after scrubbing your tan off. If you need to fill in missed spots, try a moisturiser that doubles as a gradual tanning lotion.