How to Start a Mobile Tanning Business
If you’ve always wanted to turn sunless tanning into a full-time career, setting up your own mobile spray tanning business is the perfect place to start. Compared to brick-and-mortar salons, mobile tanning businesses carry less risks and lower start-up fees. With a relatively small investment, you can get all the tools you need to build and market a trendy mobile tanning business in your area.
Why a Mobile Spray Tanning Business is a Smart Choice
- You don’t need to rent a salon or hire employees. Starting a mobile tanning service can be as simple as buying a few basic pieces of equipment and promoting your business to the right audience. Since you come to your clients, there is no need to have a commercial base. By storing equipment at home when not in use, you can keep your expenses low.
- Boutique beauty services are in high demand. Now that scheduling appointments is as easy as making a phone call or online reservation, clients are no longer limited to using traditional spas and salons. There is a growing market for airbrush artists and mobile beauticians, so the potential profit in starting a mobile spray tanning business is considerable.
- Marketing a mobile tanning business is relatively easy and does not require a lot of financial resources. Creating a basic website, handing out promotional materials and using brand-name products can help you build a loyal clientele in no time.
How to Start Your Mobile Spray Tanning Service
- Connect with a recognisable brand. You can gain instant trust from new clients by using equipment and products from a well-known brand. Mine Tan, one of the best-reviewed labels in the high-end salon industry, has a full line of starter kits for aspiring airbrush artists ready to take the next step and start their own tanning business. Mine Tan’s pro kits come with everything you could possibly need to build a successful mobile tanning business, from portable pop-up cubicles to premium tanning solutions and cutting-edge spray guns.
- Develop a marketing plan. Besides choosing the right products and equipment for your mobile work kit, you should have an advertising strategy in mind before you officially go pro. In addition to setting up a website, you need to decide how to advertise your business when you are on the move. Depending which brand you choose to work with, your package may include promotional materials. For example, Mine Tan starter kits include a variety of branded marketing accessories such as posters, consultation cards, brochures and client loyalty cards. Having a marketing pack handy when you travel from one appointment to the next is convenient, and takes the guesswork out of how to keep existing clients happy and get new referrals.