Prep Your Skin for Spring
Climate plays an important role in how your skin looks and feels throughout the year. Because your skin is a living organ, it reacts to the environment and the changing weather conditions. During winter, cold winds can quickly strip your skin of moisture and leave it feeling brittle. On the other hand, the relentless summer sun can speed up the aging process and cause serious damage to unprotected skin. While you can’t change the weather, the good news is that you can always control how it affects your body. Adjusting your skin-care routine to reflect the changing seasons can help you keep your skin healthy and radiant all year long.
Refresh Your Skin for Spring
Balmy spring weather is a big relief for sensitive skin types. With summer finally on the horizon, now is a great time to shed your dull winter skin along with extra layers and the rest of your winter wardrobe. Follow the easy tips below to get your skin ready for warmer weather and celebrate the beginning of spring with a flawless faux tan.
- Exfoliate. Scrub away winter’s leftover layer of dead skin cells with a gentle exfoliating cleanser and exfoliating mitt to reveal the fresh and supple skin hiding beneath. In addition to instantly improving your skin’s tone and texture, exfoliating creates the perfect canvas for any spray tan solution.
- Switch to a lighter moisturiser. Now that the weather outside is warmer, you can comfortably retire your winter moisturiser. Because your skin does not need as much protection, you can keep it healthy with a basic body lotion or a two-in-one gradual tanner and moisturiser.
- Get a darker tan. There is no better way to officially kick off the spring season than going from a light winter tan to a deep, tropical colour. Go one or two shades darker with your spray tan solution to get a base colour you can build on in the future.
- Wear sunscreen. With so many self-tanning options, you never need to bake in the sun again to get you dream colour. Apply sunscreen every day to protect your skin from wrinkles, sun spots and skin cancer.
Tips for Taking Care of Your Skin Next Winter
- Use a rich moisturiser every day. Because cold winter weather and strong winds can be very drying, your skin needs extra daily protection to stay healthy. If you use a spray tan solution throughout the year, staying on top of moisturising can also help you get longer-lasting results. Look for thick lotions with skin-nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, shea butter and natural oils.
- Layer up. Besides bundling your body in warm clothes, make sure you keep your hands covered with gloves when the weather is especially cold and windy.
- Fight bothersome skin conditions with deep moisturisers and medical treatments. Winter can be especially tough if you suffer from psoriasis, eczema or other skin problems. To reduce your symptoms, use hypoallergenic moisturisers with natural ingredients or ask your dermatologist for a prescription-strength lotion.