Marketing Your Spray Tanning Business
While exceptional service is the cornerstone of any successful sunless tanning business, marketing should be a top priority if you want to blow your competition out of the water. Without the right type of exposure, your business can easily get lost in the crowd of other, more aggressive competitors. Whether you already own a brick-and-mortar salon or are just starting out with your own mobile spray tanning business, following the smart marketing tips below can help you double your customer base and outshine your competition in no time.
- Establish an online presence. In today’s technology-driven world, you need to have a website and social media pages to connect with existing and potential clients. While setting up and updating social media streams is time-consuming work, remember that it is one of the best ways to reach out directly to the people who are most likely to buy your products and services.
- Get support from your supplier. If you are working with a well-known supplier to stock your salon with equipment and tanning solutions, you can probably get your hands on branded marketing materials. Luxury sunless tanning brands like Mine Tan typically offer a variety of promotional materials for salons and mobile spray tanning businesses that use their products, including appointment reminders, consultation cards, posters and clothing.
- Offer incentives to loyal customers. If you’re running a tight budget, giving away a free tan may seem like a bad idea, but it can be a great investment when given to the right client. Loyalty programmes are becoming increasingly popular in all industries, and you want to stand out as the type of business owner who appreciates returning clientele. To maximise your rate of return on giveaways, try offering a free session for every five or six tans.
- Attract new clients with discounts. While you should hold back on giving away free tans, offering a discount to first-time clients can help convince people who are hesitant about switching salons to give your business a try. When new clients come in, do your best to convince them to keep coming back for future sessions.
- Provide personalised advice. Whether you run a salon or a mobile spray tanning business, your clients will respond best to a one-on-one approach. Instead of pitching the same products and tanning services to all clients, educate them about spray tanning and help them choose the right formulas for their skin tones. Going above and beyond to ensure your clients enjoy excellent service goes a long way to establishing a good reputation and building a loyal clientele.