December 12, 2012
10 Summer Skin Care Tips
Here are the top 10 summer skin care tips that will help keep your skin fresh and fabulous:
- Staying hydrated is one of the most skin care tips that you can’t avoid this summer, especially since your body tends to lose more moisture than you may realise. So to ensure that your skin remains soft and moisturised make a habit of drinking a lot of fluids!
- Protecting yourself from the sun is essential for summer skin care so if possible stay indoors between 11am and 3pm. This period of the day is usually when the sun’s UV rays are the strongest and capable of adversely damaging your skin. However, if you are out in the sun during this time ensure that you apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before you leave your house!
- Just because you’re wearing sunscreen though it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t throw on a few extra defences, in particular wearing a hat, sunglasses and other protective clothing can help protect your skin far more effectively.
- Our skin care tips also include using toner to help keep your pores closed and the skin as cool as possible. But ensure that you try out a few samples to find the right brand and shade that suits you.
- When it comes to summer skin care never skip out on using moisturiser as part of your beauty routine. We would suggest going for a water-based moisturiser to get the most hydrating results.
- Just because we need fluids to keep your skin hydrated and healthy, this doesn’t mean just any beverage. Aerated drinks that contain plenty of sugar, caffeine and even alcohol can actually have the opposite effect by reducing the water in your system. So try and stick to drinking water, fresh lime, fresh fruit juices and coconut water.
- A great summer skin care tip is cleansing your face twice a day, regardless of whether you’ve been at home all day or out at work, cleansing and moisturising the skin before and after sleep will start paying off when you see the results!
- When it comes to skin care tips exfoliating is a must, not only does it help to remove your dead skin cells but it also improves the circulation of blood to the face.
- If your tan is beginning to fade unevenly then get rid of it altogether by using a face mask. Put it together yourself at home by mixing yogurt with a few drops of lemon and apply it to your face.
- For healthy glowing skin all year around one of the most important summer skin care tip to remember is eat healthy, exercise and sleep well!