Achieving a Natural Spray Tan
Now that going green has hit the mainstream, there is no better time to upgrade your sunless tanning routine by switching to all-natural products.
While many true organic tanners are somewhat lighter than harsher formulas, they can be left alone for a subtle hint of colour or layered for a deeper tan. If you are a big fan of traditional salon spray tans, you will be surprised to find that you can get the same amazing results with natural spray tan products and accessories.
Reasons to Use Natural Spray Tan Products
- Protect the planet – Eco-friendly products are manufactured using renewable resources and sustainable technologies. Using natural spray tan formulas and other organic beauty products can help you reduce your environmental footprint and protect the planet from problems such pollution and global warming.
- Protect your skin – Because high-end organic products contain some of the best ingredients found in nature, they are perfect for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Get beautiful colour – Today’s selection of organic products is much more impressive than it used to be just a few years ago, so it is easy to find high-quality products that use all-natural ingredients. With caramel undertones and skin-loving ingredients, Mine Tan Pure Organic is one of the best natural spray tan products on the market.
- Avoid irritating chemical smells – Many DHA-based tanning formulas are loaded with artificial fragrances that stick to your skin for days after your tanning session. Organic tanners, on the other hand, are scented with natural oils for a refreshing and pure smell.
How to Get a Flawless Tan Using All-Natural Tanners
- Shave and exfoliate the day before your tanning session – Shaving right before your tanning session can irritate your skin and cause dark shaving spots over your hair follicles, so you want to get it out of the way at least several hours beforehand. Exfoliating before tanning is important because it polishes and evens out the skin by removing impurities and dead skin cells for a better absorbing application.
- Moisturise your skin – Apply a hydrating lotion all over your body a few hours before tanning, and make sure that you rub a few extra drops into your trouble spots to prevent patches and streaks. The general rule is to apply extra moisturiser to the driest areas of your body including your elbows, ankles, feet and hands. Protect your hair by putting a few drops of lotion on your eyebrows and around your hairline.
- Apply with confidence – If you are getting a spray tan at the salon, stand with your arms and legs apart to get even coverage. At home, work your way up your body. Remember to keep track of the areas you have already covered to avoid missing any spots. After you are confident that you are fully covered, wait until your skin feels dry before getting dressed.