8 Ways to Keep Your Summer Glow
Waking up to gorgeous, sun-kissed skin is a sure way to boost your confidence and beat the winter blues. From tan extender solutions to hydrating lotions, the right moisturisers and self-tanning products can be the perfect weapons against pale skin and drying weather. While you can’t control the seasons, you can change how they affect your skin by being smart about your skin-care routine. Try these easy eight steps to keep your skin healthy and maintain your summer glow all year long.
1. Keep your skin hydrated with rich moisturisers. Harsh weather and cold wind can make your skin feel itchy and irritated. Use a daily moisturiser to form a shield that protects your skin and keeps it feeling great through the worst days of the winter season.
2. Work out regularly. Exercise can improve how your skin looks and feels by increasing the blood flow to your skin cells and flushing out potentially harmful toxins.
3. Use gradual tanning lotions to give your skin a subtle glow. Dark colour can look out of place in the winter, especially if you have naturally pale skin. Choose a formula that can act as both a tan extender and a moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated while you develop a natural-looking tan.
4. Avoid tanning beds. Exposure to ultraviolet rays is not only dangerous in the long run, but it can make your skin more vulnerable to wind and cold weather. With so many great sunless tanning products available at your fingertips, you don’t have to rely on toxic tanning beds to get your ideal colour at any time of the year.
5. Exfoliate your skin once a week or before using any self-tanning products. Exfoliating cleansers take off dead skin cells, so using them can help you keep your skin fresh and youthful throughout the year.
6. Get salon colour for special occasions. Sprays tans are not off-limits during winter. To get an instant tan that looks completely natural, ask your salon technician for the lightest spray tan available. Don’t worry about going too light. You can always use a tan extender or a powder bronzer to spice up your results.
7. Use a high quality tan extender to control your results and maintain your colour longer. Tan extenders are perfect for the colder seasons because they work by gradually building up a natural tan while infusing your skin with soothing ingredients and moisturisers.
8. Follow a healthy diet. The foods you eat have a direct impact on the health of your skin. To keep your glow all year long, load up your diet with antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants fight aging and disease by protecting your body from free radicals. In addition to eating well, don’t forget to drink plenty of water on a daily basis to keep your skin supple and smooth. You don’t have to stay away from alcohol altogether, but you should limit your consumption to a couple of non-sugary drinks a week.