10 Reasons to Fake It
What do skin cancer, wrinkles, age spots, fine lines and skin lesions have in common? They can all be caused by sunbathing or using ultraviolet tanning beds. Instead of spending this summer putting your skin at risk for a long list of serious health problems, make a commitment to try sunless tanning solutions. It is only natural to want a bit of a sun-kissed glow during the warmer months of the year, but there is absolutely no need to expose your skin to highly dangerous UV radiation just to get a tan. With so many fast-acting tanners available at your fingertips, the best fake tan you can imagine is always only a few minutes away.
Why Should You Fake It?
- Reduce your chances of getting skin cancer in the future. The majority of skin cancers can be traced back to sun exposure. Melanoma, an especially aggressive form of skin cancer, can kill you.
- Save time. Applying and maintaining your fake tan should only take a couple of minutes out of your daily beauty routine.
- Get the best fake tan. When tanning outdoors, you can forget all about trying to control how your colour comes out. Your skin can end up too light, too dark or too red. Because tanning products come with detailed colour guides, you can be in complete control over how your fake tan develops.
- Whiter teeth. Dark colour naturally makes your teeth look whiter because it creates a more dramatic contrast between your skin and your teeth.
- Simple maintenance. With the help of moisturisers and tanning accessories, you can double the lifespan of your tan after every application. Use body lotions when you are happy with your skin’s darkness and gradual tanners to replace lost colour after your tan starts to fade.
- Get immediate colour. Tanning in the sun takes hours. Tinted spray tans and lotions with built-in bronzers, on the other hand, deliver instant results.
- Look thinner. Fake tans hide imperfections and automatically make you appear slimmer by adding highlights and shadows in all the right places.
- Have fun with different products. Experimenting with a variety of self-tanning shades and solutions is the easiest way to learn how to create the best fake tan for your skin type.
- Improve your skin. Many luxury tanning products are now formulated with a variety of ingredients that can nourish your skin while your tan develops. Look for formulas with moisturisers, vitamins and antioxidants.
- Be tan all year long. If you are not ready to give up your golden-brown glow once summer is over, you can switch to a lighter tanner for a tan that looks completely natural in any season.