Before & After Tips
Before you apply your tan:
Preparing the skin
Prepping your skin can make the difference for the perfect result. With these tips and tricks, applying MineTan Self Tan products and keeping your picture perfect tan will be easy:
- Exfoliate and moisturise 24 hours before you apply your self tan, paying particular attention to elbows, knees, ankles and problem dry areas.
- Wax/shave at least 48 hours prior to treatment. This allows the pores time to close. Dotting in pores may appear if not adhered to.
- The entire 24 hours before you apply your self tan avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, oil based broducts or in-shower moisturisers. These products may act as a barrier against your skin, where it will stop the fast tanning actives to develop onto the skin.
- Before applying your self tan, make sure skin is clean and dry. Keep in mind that too much moisture causes tanning product to slide right off the skin. Don’t apply moisturising lotion except in light amounts on your knees and elbows — the areas where tanner generally absorbs too much. This helps stop these areas from getting too dark.
- Don’t apply moisturiser, perfume, deodorant or makeup on the day of application.
Tips for after you apply your tan
The most important step after applying your self tan is the shower process
After an hour (or longer – if you choose), shower quickly for 45 secs, with luke warm water. The brown bronzers will wash away, while the fast tan actives continue to work and deepen. DO NOT USE USE HOT WATER. It stops the development of tan actives during the development time. This is a common mistake people make, especially in the colder months. Once you shower, you can wear your favourite clothes, go out of the house and definitely not stain the bed sheets. Your tan will develop into a natural tan without the hastle of fake tan staining and smell.
AFter the tan
- Wear dark loose clothing; tight clothing or underwear may cause marks. Wear loose fitting shoes.
- Shower lightly in cold – luke warm water for 45 seconds ONLY after your desired development time. Use plain water, don’t use shower gels, scrubs, shampoos or loofer during the first 24 hours after your treatment.
- Pat your skin dry. Do not rub or scrub your skin.
- Moisturise everyday after applying your self tan. Use MineTan’s 3 in 1 Gradual Tan so the tan is continually being topped up and your tan lasts longer.
- After day 5, exfoliate with a soft body polish on a daily basis, to help your skin absorb even more moisturiser and keep it looking and feeling gorgeous. This also helps the tan fade naturally, rather than in patches.